How to integrate PA syslog with Algosec ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to integrate PA syslog with Algosec ?

L1 Bithead

I am struggling with Algosec regarding the ability to forward syslog data with the right format.

Traffic is hitting the Algosec server but is is not parsing any PA Traffic log data.

Because the format and content in the traffic log is customisable I wonder if I am using the correct format here..

Any tip is highly appreciated

Regards

Stig

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

Hi,

I know this post is old, but did you ever get syslog from PA to AlgoSec to work?

I am struggling with the same issue; the AlgoSec is getting traffic from PA but it is not parsed.

Anyone else got AlgoSec to work with Palo Alto?

Best regards

G

Sorry for my late reply.

No I did not get it to function. In the end the project was put on hold.

Hoping to get going soon.

Best Regards

Stig

The syslog implementation guide should be a great reference to construct your own syslog strings.

Remember however that syslog in total is limited to 1024 bytes per msg. Dunno how custom format in PA handles this.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!