How to Migrate Panorama to a Different VM Server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to Migrate Panorama to a Different VM Server

L0 Member

HI, 

if you please i want to migrate Panorama which is managing around 50 FW from VM host to new VM host

if I exported the panorama machine in.OVA file and import this.OVA to the new host should it work?  any license problem? any FW connectivity problems? Certificat issue?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Hi David,

Did you ever manage to accomplish this? If yes, can you provide me a brief on what it took and anything that I should watch out while attempting this.

Thanks

While not explicitly supported by Palo Alto Networks, it is possible to (hot) v-motion Panorama from one host to another.  You can also power-down Panorama and cold migrate the virtual machine between different hosts.  I've done this numerous times (both hot + cold), both with shared storage and without.  Haven't ever run into a problem.

If you're really concerned with breaking something, backup your Panorama VM using any number of backup solutions and then go for it.  

The good news is that Panorama (today/8.0) is more lenient about being moved between hosts, clusters, cloned, backed-up/restored, etc.  

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!