Interface change sync

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Interface change sync

L0 Member

Hi we have two PA-3220 in an HA active/passive configuration

When i make a change to an interface on the passive firewall, for example i change the interface type to Aggregate Ethernet after i commit i see that the same interface on the active firewall will also be changed to type Aggregate Ethernet with the same Aggregate Group specified. Is this the expected behavior or can i change this?

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @MSANWB ,

That's expected behavior. 

Commits are possible on either active or passive device. If you have enabled configuration synchronization on both peers in an HA pair, most of the configuration settings you configure on one peer will automatically sync to the other peer upon commit.

Only a limited set of configuration options aren't synced:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-admin/high-availability/reference-ha-synchroniz...

To avoid configuration conflicts, it's recommended to always perform the commits on the same unit.

Kind regards,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!