IPSec VPN Setup for Avaya Phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPSec VPN Setup for Avaya Phone

L4 Transporter

I am attempting to setup an IPSec VPN tunnel to connect to remote Avaya phones. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. I've set up a new IPSec tunnel and configured it to use dynamic IP for remote peers. I am not sure if this is correct or not. It seems to me this would be for a site-to-site VPN. I believe I am looking for more of a client VPN tunnel to connect the Avaya phone to. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

Angelo, thank you as well for your response. Yes, I've tried this. Honestly, I gave up on trying to do this with the PAs. We just bought a different firewall for the phones. We still use the PAs for our primary firewalls because I love them. This is the only problem I've had with them, although, I probably can't consider it a problem because they've said they don't support Avaya...yet. If they release firmware that supports them I'll probably switch back to the PAs. Then I can kick the other firewall to the curb because those I don't love. :smileywink:

L1 Bithead

Anybody know if this is now supported on the 6.0 PA firewalls?

I'm facing as well issues setting up remote Avaya ip_Phones to work over the PA.

Have anybody ever managed to have this up and running?

I am also having the same issue, did anyone ever get it setup ?

regards,

Don

Nope, told it was not supported by Palo Alto and that it is a feature request. From my understanding, bunch of people have voted for it.

Feature request #1844 --- Avaya IP Phones and VPN with PAN

Have your SE vote for it everyone!!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!