Is A2 (Auto Assistant) dead?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is A2 (Auto Assistant) dead?

L2 Linker

Hi,

Today, I could not access A2 (Auto Assistant).

When I access https://autoassistant.paloaltonetworks.com/#/dashboard/my-view-case,

returned 504 Gateway Time-out.

Why?

A2 is very helpful for my customer support business.

Thank you.

Mt.10
13 REPLIES 13

L7 Applicator

This tool was for Partners only? I am trying to find more info about it.. let me see what I can find out.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I can't upload the TS today.

Anybody else having problems?

I have tried with several browsers

It always stay like this

Alpalo_0-1632905367106.png

Regards

The upload issue exists for me since Tuesday of current week

L7 Applicator

The team responsible for the A2 tool is aware that there is an issue and working to help resolve this.

Stay Secure,
Joe

Hi @jdelio 

is there some progress on this issue? A2 is still unusable 😕

Best

Alex

L7 Applicator

I just checked again and it looks like the site is up.. is it still unusable?

Stay Secure,
Joe

Hi @jdelio 

I never got a 504 error but A2 seems to be overloaded from my point of view. Uploads stay like forever at 100%, one out of 20 uploads might be set in analysis queue and then stay queued for like forever. I had one TSF that got it to P1 analysis but starved there at 99%.

I tried with several clients and browsers and even providers.

Edit: just got this error:

aroos_dts_0-1633507336740.png

Best

Alex

L0 Member

I get this a lot lately, actually I did not have any techsupport files that have uploaded fine over the last month.

2022-05-31 10_15_55-AutoAssistant.png2022-05-31 10_15_34-AutoAssistant.png2022-05-31 10_15_29-AutoAssistant.png2022-05-31 10_15_13-AutoAssistant.png

I looked at the overall success rate, in 2022, a third of all techsupport files have failed parsing.

Is Autoassistant still maintained or was it abandoned?

Thank you.

Abandoned indeed. After being in contact with TAC through several cases regarding this issue, they have stated that they would rather focus on building new systems that will replace A2 in the future than improving what they already have:

"From speaking with my internal resources, the AutoAssistant tool has been on a developmental hold for some time now and until that changes, there aren't enough resources to address these issues. Unfortunately there is not much I can do from a TAC prospective. Please note that the internal team is aware and have informed that the "Parsing Failed" error is a known issue. Unfortunately, the Development Team does not have a plan to investigate and fix it at the moment. This is because they are currently focused on building systems which will eventually replace A2 and many other tools."

Thank you for the confirmation, too bad Palo themselves didn't push a message through the tool or their portal to let people know.

Would have saved some people a lot of time and effort.

L6 Presenter

It was a great too when I worked for a partner 😞

Maybe they are planning to use AIOps  as a replacement as tech support files can also be uploaded there but for now it seems more like real time monitoring service of the NGFW that can catch things like memory or CPU leakage etc. but maybe there will be special version for TAC/partners 😀

Please click on reload once it reaches 100%

• 13 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!