Is config saved at a flash memory?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is config saved at a flash memory?

L1 Bithead

Hi.

I saw PAN-OS 5.0 Administorator Guide.

P37 bellow

------

Revert to last saved config Restores the last saved candidate configuration from flash memory. The current

candidate configuration is overwritten. An error occurs if the candidate

configuration has not been saved.

------

I recognized it as config being saved at a hard disk.

Actually is config saved at a flash memory?

Which is right?

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

There is a save button near the Commit which is the same as save candidate config

This saves config to a file (snapshot.xml) which you cannot see directly from list.

When you change configuration and Save it.If you reboot the device you'll see that the config you changed has been lost.

if you want to save permanent you should use save named config.

L1 Bithead

I tried saving config and reboot with PA-500(4.1.8)

After reboot, when I clicked [Revert to last saved configuration], I can see that the config I changed hasn't been lost.

For this result, I I hink that Config is saved into portions other than a flash memory.

Isn't snapshot.xml saved at HDD ,too ?

Regards.

I did not mention revert last saved.That loads snapshot it's true.But I don't know if it is saved to HDD.Maybe someone will tell that.

L3 Networker

I checked that saved file in flash from Administrator Guide document

After Factory Reset, There are no saved file in flash

L4 Transporter

Nyanko,

Only the candidate configuration (when you choose to save the candidate) is saved to flash. Configuration versions and named configuration snapshots are saved to the hard drive Flash isn't used for long-term configuration storage..

Craig.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!