Issue about window xp caan't connect Global protect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Issue about window xp caan't connect Global protect

L3 Networker

Hi all, I found the issue about the client as window xp  which can't connect global protect after upgrade PAN-OS from 6.0 to 8.0.8  

Global protect client version 2.0 before can connect normally.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Pattarachai

This link I forgor in the last post: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-8-0-release-inf...

With PAN-OS 8.0.x the minimum supported GlobalProtect Version is 4.0.0

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hi @Pattarachai

What global protect versions did you try with PAN-OS 6.0 and newer?

So far this does not sound like an issue:

@Remo Global Protect client version 2.0  isuue is occur pan 8.0.8 before 6.0 is normally

Hi @Pattarachai

This link I forgor in the last post: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-8-0-release-inf...

With PAN-OS 8.0.x the minimum supported GlobalProtect Version is 4.0.0

Hello sir

I run PAN 8.0.5 with Global Protect 3.1.6 and the environment is running without problem

Hi @AhmedEmam

If it works - good for you 😉

But in case of problems where you need help from TAC, the first they will say to you is that you need to upgrade to a supported release in order to get support. Also if there are vulnerabilities in 3.1.x, since 6/23/2018 the will not be fixed as this version is EOL. If you can live with that, then ok, but I would not recommend to use EOL software when security is a requirement.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!