Issue with connecting to GlobalProtect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Issue with connecting to GlobalProtect

L0 Member

Hello,

I've been using GlobalProtect before to connect to my univeristy's network when I'm outside campus. However, recetnly, I've not been able to conenct to the network. I get a message reading "Resend  credential".

I'm hoping someone could help me with that. Here is a screen shot of the message I get.

Screen Shot - Globalprotect.png

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

This message is related to the GP install on your computer.  Follow these instructions to confirm the service is present and running.  

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/GlobalProtect-Client-Unable-to-Connect-on-N...

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thank you for your reply Steve. I have a Mac so I had to use a different method to see if PanGP is running or not. Based on my understanding, PanGP wasn't running so I re-installed GP again. However, the issue is still exist. I am not able to conenct to GP and I get the same message. 

Any other suggestions? 

Thanks,

try below KB if that helps

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/GlobalProtect-Client-is-not-Connecting/ta-p...

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |

Yes, this seems to be a application install and startup issue.  So the troubleshooting will be with the install process on the Mac.  If the GP service is not running you won't be able to connect.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!