cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Issues running VPN for UI Debian distribution

L0 Member

Hi all,

I'm running 64-bit Debian Bookworm on a Raspberry Pi 5 and if I try running sudo dpkg -I GlobalProtect_UI_deb-6.1.4.0-711.deb, I get the following output in the terminal:

electing previously unselected package globalprotect.
(Reading database ... 128244 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../GlobalProtect_UI_deb-6.1.4.0-711.deb ...
Start installing gp...
Unpacking globalprotect (6.1.4-711) ...
Setting up globalprotect (6.1.4-711) ...
Enable gp service...
Starting gp service...
Set default browser, errors other than gp.desktop can be ignored ...
enable ping
net.ipv4.ping_group_range = 0 0
Starting gpa...
start GPA for sudo user llillo
Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
start PanGPUI for sudo llillo
bash: line 1: /opt/paloaltonetworks/globalprotect/PanGPUI: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
Processing triggers for man-db (2.11.2-2) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1.1) ...
Processing triggers for mailcap (3.70+nmu1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...

What can I do to remedy this? Not experienced enough to understand what's happening, although I've read for some the issue was running a 32-bit which I'm not. 

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Is the deb package for arm64? What does `file /opt/paloaltonetworks/globalprotect/PanGPUI` show (you might need to install the tool using `sudo apt-get install file`)?

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe the most recent updates come with file because it works:

/opt/paloaltonetworks/globalprotect/PanGPUI: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=cab49f6b3011a397e87a5aba3950072eef2d65fa, stripped

uname -m shows aarch64. Is it this difference in architecture from x84-64 that might be causing the issue and if so, how to remedy?

L0 Member

Ensure your Raspberry Pi runs Debian Bookworm 64-bit. Check GlobalProtect package compatibility for ARM64. Install dependencies and verify executable permissions (sudo chmod +x) for PanGPUI. Contact Palo Alto Networks support for specific ARM64 Debian issues if needed.

Regards: dollar tree.pro
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!