LDAP configuration - Error: ldap has unexpected text

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

LDAP configuration - Error: ldap has unexpected text

L0 Member

Dear all,

After ldap configuration (ldap server and authentication profile) on my PA-5250 we can't commit changes because we have the following error: 

shared -> server-profile -> ldap has unexpected text.

shared -> server-profile -> ldap is invalid

Do you have any idea what can be the issue? Also when I try to delete the ldap configuration, I can't commit, same error.

Thank you in advance for your help!

it.network

NGFW 

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @ITnetworkSQ  , I see you are in the shared context. Are you configuring this on Panorama and hoping to apply this to your 5250 locally?

Are you able to context into the template of your 5250 and apply the server profile there and commit/push. If it is failing you may have to login to the 5250 itself and check to see what validation errors there are. It will help to edit/remove values locally and commit locally before pushing from panorama.

NGFW 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

HI @JayGolf, Thank you for your answer!

A solution was found on our side, the fact is that we tried to configure the LDAP on our PA firewall via API request and on our request, we got a syntax issue.

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!