cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Management of the Palo

Not applicable

Hello

I have my Palo on a different IP range to my local network and wish to be able to connect to the palo to manage it from my local lan ip range. is this possible

my palo is on a 213.x.x.x which is the isp range

my lan is on a 10.x.x.x.x range.

Mark

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

I would recommend you to use the physical mgmt-interface (on the box) as your primary way of management.

In Device -> Setup -> Services you can click on Service Route Configuration in case you need to "reroute" which interface is used for updates as example (updates goes through mgmt-interface by default but you can "reroute" this to use a dataplane interface instead without having to expose your management for the whole world).

Then if you need a secondary mgmt-interface you can create such in Network -> Network Profiles -> Interface Mgmt by setting up a Interface Management Profile, dont forget to define Permitted IP Addresses while you setup this dataplane mgmt interface.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!