MIB Files Download

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

MIB Files Download

L0 Member

Does anyone know where I can find the Palo .MIB files? Not the .my or .md5 files. I have already loaded them and well it was useless. Maybe it's my lack of intellect but they are missing the OID numbers. I also can't get them load when creating an SNMP walk.

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @Technolust ,

Here you go:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/resources/snmp-mib-files

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L0 Member

For those that stumbled upon this post from internet searches, I thought it be helpful to clarify.
The link that Kiwi provided will link you to all the MIB files to download. However after you download and unzip you will find they all contain .my and .md5 files. OP specifically asked for the MIB files that were not these as he wanted to view the OID values. In actuality the .my files hold the OID values, it just may not be apparent looking at the file with a text editor. 
I am quoting Chat GPT here:

MIB files are used by network management systems to define the structure and organization of management data for devices like firewalls, routers, and switches. They follow the SMI (Structure of Management Information) standard, which is based on ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax Notation One) language.

When you open a .my file in a text editor, you might not see the OID (Object Identifier) values directly because they are defined in a hierarchical structure using ASN.1 notation. This notation is meant to be machine-readable, so it might not be easily understandable for humans just by looking at the text.

So if you open these .my files in a MIB Browser, you can view the actual OID values. See this post
I recommend using ireasoning mib browser as its the same MIB browser that is used in the post I linked's screen shot. Note: I tested this as well, loading the .my files into this mib browser will show you the OID values. 
Hope this helps clarify the actual answer. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!