Mngmt CPU Raises %51

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Mngmt CPU Raises %51

Hi All,

My PA5060  mngmt CPU raises %51 around and after a few mins later it goes down to %10 but it's happening  oftenly

I think it's not normal and i want to solve this problem or i wanna learn what is/are the reason about this issue. Can anyone help me please? Thanks.  

Software version: 5.0.4

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Check if the CPU spike is related to any scheduled jobs such as content download install ,FQDN refresh job etc.

CLI :

>show jobs all

You can also monitor the realtime MP utilization statistics using :

>show system resources follow

This is same as Linux top command .

For details Ref :top - Linux Command - Unix Command

Hi Nadir,

I will check them then will contact again please.

Thansk for your support.

L7 Applicator

Hi

please verify the CLI command and check below mentioned parameter while CPU raise to 50 %, which can cause high MP CPU.

admin@PA-4050> show system resources follow

- 16:32:42 up 4 days, 4:54, 1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.08, 0.02
Tasks
: 106 total,   1 running, 105 sleeping,   0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s😞  6.9%us, 2.7%sy,  0.3%ni, 85.3%id,  4.4%wa, 0.0%hi,  0.4%si,  0.0%st
Mem
: 1034604k total,  1008408k used,    26196k free,     3404k buffers
Swap
: 2008084k total,   504760k used,  1503324k free,   348272k cached

1. Load averages are the average number of process ready to run during last 1, 5 and 15 minutes.

2. Load averages > 1 indicates that getting more requests than the system is able to handle.

3.  Important fields

%id  Percent idle. For instance, above shows the CPU 85.3% idle.

%wa  Percent of time CPU has been waiting for I/O to complete.   Too high may be indicative of heavy swap usage particularly on 500/2000/4000 platforms.

Includes total available memory, used memory, free memory,  and memory used for buffers.

The above command also gives you an idea, which daemons are consuming higher MP CPU and MP CPU to raise 51%.

Please let me know, If you need further assistance.

Thanks

Subhankar

L4 Transporter

I had the same issue, and it's officially identified as a bug, bug ID 56014.

Estimated mitigation is in 5.0.8 - but don't hold your breath.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!