Monitoring interface traffic with SNMP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Monitoring interface traffic with SNMP

L0 Member

I am trying to monitor traffic on some interfaces on our PA 2050 with SNMP.

I'm using RRDtool to pull traffic counters every 5 min.

But, the interfaces in Network\Interfaces in the GUI does not match the interfaces when i do a snmpwalk IfIndex against the PA.

We have a internet connection at interface ethernet1/3.

When i monitor interface 3 with snmpget ifInOctets.3 i do not get the values as expected. I downloaded several ISO images with just minor change on the ifInOctets.3.

It shoud have increased by a few gigs of traffic.

Also, snmp show that the interface 2 is down while in the PA GUI the ethernet1/2 is up and running.

[root@tknagios01 rrd]# snmpwalk -v1 -cpublic 172.17.1.3  ifoperstatus
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.1 = INTEGER: up(1)
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.2 = INTEGER: down(2)

We are running PANOS 3.1.1

What can be done to fix these issues ?

Regards,

Geir

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Please open a case with support. You might want to consider upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.1.5.

Thanks,

Steve Krall

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!