Monitoring PA-2050 (CPU, memory, Traffic volume, State)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Monitoring PA-2050 (CPU, memory, Traffic volume, State)

Not applicable

Hi,

I have two firewall PA (active/passive cluster) and i would like to monitoring several parameters like:

- CPU
- Memory
- Traffic volume of all physical interfaces and subinterfaces
- State of the FWS, etc.

Which is the best way to monitoring a FW Palo Alto???? What way are u using to monitoring???
Palo alto can be configured to send you an email when CPU is over 90% or something like that???

Thanks

Bye

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

These Cacti templates should get you up and going.

You can download a Cacti VM appliance at: CactiEZ - Home

L4 Transporter

To do the CPU monitoring, memory usage monitoring, session percentage and bandwidth utilization alerting you describe I'm using Zabbix to monitor our PA devices and it works great.The Palo Alto OID guide + Zabbix gives us a huge amount of visibility into the appliances and their status.

My only gripe is that Zabbix only supports MD5 and 3DES for SNMPv3 while Palo Alto only supports SHA and AES for SNMPv3, so I can't use SNMPv3 unfortunately. That's kind of Zabbix's fault as well though... they should support SNMPv3's AES/SHA. There's a bug report with Zabbix asking for AES/SHA, looks like they have a target version for it too: https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBXNEXT-450

L3 Networker

Hello, are you seeing syslog entries for CPU? To get notifications you can configure SNMP or syslog/email for critical alerts

Create a profile under Object -> Log forwarding and apply it to security rule -> options.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!