moving policies and objects to another device group

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

moving policies and objects to another device group

L0 Member

Policies and objects are currently in the wrong device group. able to move everything successfully except for the address objects. i feel the move is pretty self-explanatory, but i have taken the time to read the user guide and still no luck. is there some particular order this needs to be done? any assistance would be appreciated. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@Philip_Wiberg wrote:

What happens with the address objects during the move? What is the error?

You can always extract the set commands from the cli:

> set cli config-output-mode set

> configure

# show device-group <DG-Name> address

Then replace the incorrect Device Group with the new Device Group name and just paste them in, in case you need a second way to do it.

I find this the easiest method for most people.

editing teh XML is powerful, but many people find it intimidating and it can be easy to make a mess of it for the inexperienced.  Most network admins/engineers are familiar and comfortable with "set" commands and editing them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

> configure

Then replace the incorrect Device Group with the new Device Group name and just paste them in, in case you need a second way to do it.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@james.gilliand,

Personally I would do this straight through the XML configuration file or the migration tool. Fastest way to get something like this done. 

@Philip_Wiberg wrote:

> configure

I find this the easiest method for most people.

editing teh XML is powerful, but many people find it intimidating and it can be easy to make a mess of it for the inexperienced.  Most network admins/engineers are familiar and comfortable with "set" commands and editing them.

You can easiyly do this with the new Expedition tool.  Global search and replace from one device group to the other or make them all shared so you can use them on all device groups if that makes sense.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!