Multi-Factor Input Code Field Displays incorrectly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multi-Factor Input Code Field Displays incorrectly

L1 Bithead

PA 3220 V 10.2

When setting up and testing MFA if you choose SMS/Input Code when the page displays the box is one field only as shown in the browser picture (Chrome/FF/IE.  It doesn't show your characters being typed which is hard for user.  At first we thought is wasn't 'modernized' but if you download the response page and then open it as .html is displays correctly.  I've tried all 3 modern updated browsers.  I'm just looking to get pointed in the right direction.  Why doesn't is display correctly when attempting to MFA with a SMS code?  

Attached are the 4 images.  The image of the .html default MFA response page you can download from Device-Response page to customize if you want to.  Then the next 3 images are from a Windows 10 Fully updated, all 3 browsers updated as I traverse the Firewall and MFA to try to input my 6 digit code.  I just want it to display correctly for ease of use with the user.  It does work and authenticates if you type in the correct code.  It is just very hard for a front facing user to understand if they are typing and how many characters. 

For example I opened the MFA default response page I downloaded from the PA and type in 123456 in the Enter the Code Enter the Pin section and you can see you type 6 characters displayed by ......

In the other images is each browser (to eliminate a browser display error)  This could still be a browser issues but unsure of more testing by not using Modern updated browser.  I'm testing the SMS MFA page and the image is what you see as a user.

As soon as you start typing your code in the cursor actually disappears all together and the submit button becomes blue and enabled.    I'm willing to try anything for testing purposes and very engaging.  Thank you in advance! 

Chrome - Version 109.0.5414.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

FireFox - 109.0.1 64 bit

Microsoft EdgeVersion 109.0.1518.78 (Official build) (64-bit)

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @sallen ,

If you're seeing this in 3 major browsers I'm leaning towards it being coded that way.

I'd recommend reaching out to support and have them confirm this behavior.

Kind regards,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @sallen ,

If you're seeing this in 3 major browsers I'm leaning towards it being coded that way.

I'd recommend reaching out to support and have them confirm this behavior.

Kind regards,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!