No entries in Wildfire logs - PanOS 5.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

No entries in Wildfire logs - PanOS 5.0

L4 Transporter

I'm not getting any log entries under the WildFire log page i 5.0. In the data filtering logs I have entries with both "wildfire-upload-success" and "wildfire-upload-skip". I was expecting to see these entries in the Wildfire log page as well. What is supposted to be logged in the Wildfire logs, and how do I get it working?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Do you have an active wildfire subscription?

According to the PANOS 5.0 admin manual:

"

Log:

WildFire

Description:

The WildFire logs will show the result of files analyzed by WildFire. Some of the fields that will be displayed include: Filename, Source Zone, Destination Zone, Attacker, Victim, and Application.

Note:  A WildFire subscription is required for integrated logging. If you do not have a subscription, you can view log information by using the WildFire portal at https://wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com. (refer to “About WildFire” on page 413 and “Using the WildFire Portal” on page 417)

"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Do you have an active wildfire subscription?

According to the PANOS 5.0 admin manual:

"

Log:

WildFire

Description:

The WildFire logs will show the result of files analyzed by WildFire. Some of the fields that will be displayed include: Filename, Source Zone, Destination Zone, Attacker, Victim, and Application.

Note:  A WildFire subscription is required for integrated logging. If you do not have a subscription, you can view log information by using the WildFire portal at https://wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com. (refer to “About WildFire” on page 413 and “Using the WildFire Portal” on page 417)

"

That's probably it. I do not have a wildfire subscription. I was under the impression that you would get the logs in the wildfire tab anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hi Torm,

Even we have the valid wildfire subscription, not able to see any logs in wildfire logs in device but in the data-filtering logs for some exe files it is showing wildfire-upload-success ( means file has uploaded to wildfire cloud for analysis).

I executed the command  >test wildfire registration   -  showing registered

>show wildfire status       - showing 4 files forwarded

But still after 3 hours also i am not able to see the logs in wildfire logs section on device.

Regards,

Gururaj

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!