P2P2 links to be connected on PA220

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

P2P2 links to be connected on PA220

Hello,

I have 2 pairs of palo alto, one pair at one site and the second is at another site, I got 2 p2p links between these two locations, I want to configure those links in faliover between these locations. How can I do this.

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Why failover instead of using ECMP? ECMP will allow you to utilize the bandwidth of both connections at the same time.

If you really just want to do failover though, newer versions of PAN-OS have the ability to set a Path Monitor on a static route. You can monitor the remote end of the P2P, and if it fails then your other lower priority static route will take over.

If you're on an older version, you can use the old multiple VRs with PBR configuration. I'm on mobile or I'd find it for you. Search for "Dual ISP Failover Using PBF" and it should pop up.

Thanks,

I will try ECMP which will be effective. 

Good stuff! Please mark the question as 'answered' so that other people can see that it's not an open question. Have a good one! 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!