PA-220 won’t get IP from ISP.

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L2 Linker

System logs don't show anything other than the port going up or down and my logging into the device.

I will create another VR and assign it to that, but then I will also have to reassign the inside VLAN to that new VR as well. That's not a big deal. I'll reset the modem when I make this change as well.

Highlighted
L2 Linker

@MP18, I finally had a chance to create the separate VR. When I did this I moved my connection over directly to my modem and rebooted the modem, but I had to go get my laptop to console into the PA-220. I then realized that I hadn't committed my changes. So I consoled into the PA-220 to commit and noticed that the port was pulling an IP address from my ISP.

Seems like all is well now and I didn't even need that other VR. Interesting how sometimes things just work...

Thanks for the assistance!

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@Gareth.Doyle 

Happy to hear that all is working now.

It is good place to learn and think about the solutions to problems.

It keeps brain working.

Thanks for updating!

MP
Highlighted
L2 Linker

So when I got a chance to test this out it sitll didn't work, despite the outside interface being assigned a dynamic IP by the ISP.

I think the issue is simply that I didn't have a NAT configured. My understanding was that the firewall would form a dynamic NAT, but this does not appear to be the case. I put the NAT rule in place and ran a simple test command and it NAT'd appropriately. I am going to attempt to connect this again this evening if I have a chance.

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Configuring the NAT worked and resolved my issues as far as traffic not flowing properly. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!