PA-VM-KVM-10.2.5.vm_eval not accepting username/password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

PA-VM-KVM-10.2.5.vm_eval not accepting username/password

L1 Bithead

KVM series (PA-VM-KVM-10.2.5.vm_eval) PANGFW evaluation copy on my laptop running GNS3 on top of VMware workstation.

2024-09-24 09:09:11.345 -0700 Error: sysd_construct_sync_importer(sysd_sync.c:360): sysd_sync_register() failed: (111) Unknown error code
2024-09-24 09:09:12.347 -0700 Error: sysd_construct_sync_importer(sysd_sync.c:360): sysd_sync_register() failed: (111) Unknown error code
2024-09-24 09:09:13.349 -0700 Error: sysd_construct_sync_importer(sysd_sync.c:360): sysd_sync_register() failed: (111) Unknown error code
2024-09-24 09:09:14.353 -0700 Error: sysd_construct_sync_importer(sysd_sync.c:360): sysd_sync_register() failed: (111) Unknown error code
2024-09-24 09:09:15.361 -0700 Error: sysd_construct_sync_importer(sysd_sync.c:360): sysd_sync_register() failed: (111) Unknown error code
Error: unable to connect to Sysd
Password:
vm login:

I need help.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Community Team Member

Hi @sanjay.kol ,

Id recommend re-importing the image into vmware and making sure you configure with the minimum system requirements.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

As advised by you I did whatever you referred to in the document, but unfortunately the problem still remains unresolved. Below is the configuration and error.

RAM: 8 GB

CPU : 2 CORE

HDD: 100GB

sanjaykol_0-1727362596547.png

Pls. Help.

I re imported it about 5 to 6 times. I did it in VMWare, EVE-NG ,GNS3 but I received the same error in every application. System also accepts IP by DHCP with which I can ping the system but unable to login.

Thanks for your early response.

Community Team Member

Hi @sanjay.kol ,

Did you get the eval from https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/vm-series-trial ? 

Stay Secure,
Jay

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Hi Jay,

Yes I received the Eval from

sanjaykol_0-1727498657128.png

Thanks.

Community Team Member

Email Sanjay back with the issue you are experiencing and request a new image to be sent over for you to re-download. 

Stay Secure,
Jay

were you able to get it to work? im stuck here for days trying to get my 10.2.5 up and running on eve!!

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!