PA820 high availability configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA820 high availability configuration

L3 Networker

Hello,

I'm needing some clarification on one aspect of deploying a 2nd redundant PA820 in high availability mode.  I currently have my 2nd 820 deployed with the management interface configured.  

My first question is.  When setting up my 2nd PA i discovered that I only have 10gb sfp's for interfaces that I'm matching on my current PA.  The question is will this cause a conflict of some kind between the two devices.  

I know in the past when deploying a pair of cisco asa 5515's that i needed to match the sfp's on both ends.  Anyone able to confirm that?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Yes the port speed and duplex must match on both devices.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClIbCAK

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Yes the port speed and duplex must match on both devices.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClIbCAK

Regards,

Thanks for the quick reply.  That make sense.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!