Palo Alto 3050 high DP and MP planes CPU utilization

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto 3050 high DP and MP planes CPU utilization

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello Folks,

I have upgraded my palo alto HA cluster (model 3050) to version 9.0.3-h3. All of sudden i have started facing high dp as well as mp planes cpu utilization. There is no much traffic on the firewall. Connection table utilization is also around 20% in peak time. Wanted to check if it is anyone has come acrossed such issue..?

Thanks!

M
5 REPLIES 5

Community Team Member

Hi @SutareMayur .

Coming from which version exactly ?

Any particular reason why you opted for 9.0.3 instead of the recommended release 9.0.5 ?

What does show running resource-monitor tell you ?

What is the observed mgmt CPU%? Is it high all time ? Are you experiencing issues like GUI slowness or slow commits ?

Can you provide some more info ?

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

We have upgraded from 8.1.4 to 9.0.3-h3 which was recommended by TAC and at that time, 9.0.5 was not released.

show running resource-monitor shows cpu load around 20-25% for slow and fast path.

CPU usage is varying but the value is slightly higher.  In last week, gateway itself got rebooted due to high load on data plane.  Also two days back, the GUI as well as CLI was taking time to load.

M

Hello,

What was the CPU usage before the upgrade? I also noticed a bit of an increase, but nothing that was breaking things. The new OS, 9.0.x, does have additional features and functions so there is a bit overhead, but nothing drastic. Also TAC can assist in determining where the CPU is being used.

Regards,

Thank u for your reply.

Before upgrade, cpu was normal. Yes i am checking same with TAC too.

M

Is anyone faced this behaviour??

Mayur

M
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!