PAN as VPN Client ipsec psk+xauth

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN as VPN Client ipsec psk+xauth

L0 Member

I am a bit new at VPN stuff - I have a PAN-500, i configured VPN for users just fine (IPSec+xauth "cisco compatible" so it works with pretty much anything), as well as static site to site IPSec tunnels.

What I cannot figure out how to do is make my box be a client, in this case I want to connect to Cisco Devnet Labs, which works fine with a cisco router (crypto ipsec client ezvpn) or generic setup on a shrewsoft client.  It seems silly if my Palo Alto box wouldnt support ipsec psk+xauth client setup in some fashion?

I looked around but can't really find options for it, and very little in any forums or searching.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Don't think you can use PA box as an xauth client. 

But you have many options to set site to site IPSEC tunnel which makes more sense for a FW imo.

I dont have control of the other end - I am just trying to avoid having to configure 15 different devices with a client setup when it would be so easy to route with the PAN box.

i guess I should put in a feature request

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!