PAN-OS 5.0.7 Never again

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS 5.0.7 Never again

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We upgraded our PA to PANOS 5.0.7 and the day after the users report several problems: accessing to internet, and the vpn client Global Protect wasnt working. We have done a revert to the version 5.0.5 and now its rowking propertly........

Anyone has had any of this problem with the release 5.0.7:

-Slow internet

-Any webs working and others web no

-Global protect vpn not working, and gateway web not available.

Thanks a lot

20 REPLIES 20

L6 Presenter

5.0.7 has some known bugs so I advice 5.0.6

there is any PANOS version without bugs???? In 5.0.3 dataplane restarts suddenly.....In 5.0.7 PA goes crazy..........

thanks

soporteseguridad: Nope! There isn't a PANOS version release without bugs. PA really needs to up the ante on their QA department. All these features should be going through regular stress testing before a release.

We've learned the hard way to wait until a .10 release is out before trying to move to it. We're waiting for 5.0.10 to come out before we even consider moving production workloads to it.

PANOS 4.1.13 has been stable for us though.

So what its your advice......back to 5.0.5 or 5.0.6?

thanks

if you don't have multivsys and you don't use SNMPv3 5.0.6 is ok

panos you've had issues with SNMPv3 on 5.0.7? Really?

I'm waiting on Zabbix 2.2 to be released which supports AES/SHA for SNMPv3, but that's yet another gotcha! Again, QA. Come on.

No I don't have issues.There is support's official bug with snmpv3

it did not hit you maybe that is normal

It didn't hit me because I'm not doing v3 yet, I was just planning on doing it in the near future 😕

I think 5.0.8 will come soon.

Sweet, then we're only 2 releases away from 5.0.10, which is the magic revision that seems to finally have all the new features in a major rev ironed out :smileylaugh:

L4 Transporter

Hello,

An active cluster (PA500) running 5.0.7 goes "offline" this afternoon.

-  Some webs sites working and others no

- HTTPS traffic was blocked to all financial web site.

After failover, everything was OK

Rollback to 5.0.6.

Regards,

HA

Did you have a chance to check against the dataplane pool statistics?

Re: Decryption problem with 5.0.7   Read the the post by shasnain

Agree about the QA issues.  We used 5.0 since day1 and we must have at least one bug that force us to upgrade to the next release.

PAN OS 5.0.8 went out on 2013/10/01 - somebody try it on non-test environment?

• 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!