Panorama Dynamic updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Dynamic updates

L2 Linker

Hello

I use Panorama to manage my firewalls, I configured Panorama for Dynamic updates (antivirus, Application & Threats) but, when I go to "Device Deployment / Dynamic updates", all versions are in middle of December 2019. When I "check now", I have no issue about an connection error but the new version of antivirus, App & Threats are not up to date. Even if I try to upload manually the latest version, I have no error but I don't see the version uploaded in the list. 

If I try directly on my FW to check if new version is avalaible, it's working. 

Do you have an idea why from Panorama, I can't see the latest version of updates ?

BR 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I am sorry that the licenses or restart didn't help. 

I would recommend that you contact support, as this sort of issue should not exist.

They should be able to help you get this issue resolved, and make sure that this is not happening to others.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

@CARRIERJerome ,

If your attempts to perform and dynamic update fails.. I would first check the Licenses, and ensure that those look OK, if not, hit that "Check now" button on the license page to see if that helps.. 

If that does not, then there could be an issue with the Management service.. which it is then recommended that you restart the management service on the Panorama device.

> debug software restart process management-server

Please check this article for more info:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClaGCAS

I hope this helps. 

Stay Secure,
Joe

Hello

I restarted completly Panorama but the problem is not solved. Regarding licenses, All firewalls managed by Panorama have a valid license avalaible untile the end of this year. When I go to "Device Deployment / Licenses", I see for each firewall that licenses have been updated and valid until 2020/12/31. When I'm connected directly on the GUI of my firewalls, I'm able to download and install antivirus, threat.... When I'm connected on Panoroma, at "Device Deployment / Dynamic Updates", I start "Check now", I have no error message, the last checked information of antivirus , application and Threats section is updated... but the "Antivirus" or "Application and Threats" definition are not up to date and still blocked on version of middle of December...

BR

Jerome

I am sorry that the licenses or restart didn't help. 

I would recommend that you contact support, as this sort of issue should not exist.

They should be able to help you get this issue resolved, and make sure that this is not happening to others.

Stay Secure,
Joe
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!