Panorama VM-Series Multiple Interface support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama VM-Series Multiple Interface support

Hi Guys,

We are planning to deploy virtual Panorama for one of our customers on ESXi platform. One of the requirements is that customer wants to have read-only access to the Panorama management. So we were discussing the solution to attach two interfaces to the VM - one for management access to the Panorama (routed to our internal NMS network) and one for device management (connected to the customer network).

I have found in Panorama 8.1 admin guide that for ESXi any interface is supported for mgmt, device management and log collect on any interface. Also the .ova template for Panorama 8.1.0 on ESXi, comes with attached two interfaces.

However I don't find any way to configure the additional interface... under Panorama -> Setup -> Interfaces only "management" interface is listed, which corresponde to the first attache vNic.

I am trying to accept the fact that multiple interfaces are still not supported on virtual Panorama, but I wanted to ask you guys, if you have other information and if I am missing something.

Thank you in advance!

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @aleksandar.astardzhiev

Thats how it looks like on my panorama with PAN-OS 8.1:

20180816_130123.jpg

I know dump question, but did you accidentilly downloaded the 8.0 ova template? Anyway with PAN-OS 8.1 multiple interfaces on a panorama VM are supported.

View solution in original post

@aleksandar.astardzhiev wrote:

- Your Panorama is VM-Series? And Not physical appliance?

Yes, Panorama VM running on Hyper-V (but on ESX the features of Panorama are the same)

- You are running 8.1?

Yes, 8.1.0

- You are running in panorama mode?

Yes, Panorama Mode.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Hi @aleksandar.astardzhiev

Thats how it looks like on my panorama with PAN-OS 8.1:

20180816_130123.jpg

I know dump question, but did you accidentilly downloaded the 8.0 ova template? Anyway with PAN-OS 8.1 multiple interfaces on a panorama VM are supported.

Hi @Remo,

I am absolutly sure that I have PanOs 8.1.0. I can see that from the dashboard information. The only consurn that I have is that I deployed this VM in test lab - without license and it is running in legacy mode and i cannot whitch it to panorama mode (without license, which I am still waiting).

The screenshot above gives me some new hopes! Can you please confirm to be:
- You are running 8.1?

Really appreciate your feedback!!

Yes, Panorama VM running on Hyper-V (but on ESX the features of Panorama are the same)

- You are running 8.1?

Yes, 8.1.0

Yes, Panorama Mode.

That is great! Thank you @Remo,

This really give me some new hopes about our deployment and I will try to test it with valid license. For no it looks like that panorama mode must be used instead of the legacy.

Thank you once again!

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!