Proxy ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Proxy ID

L4 Transporter

How can you tell what proxy ID's need to be configured on a PA that has VPN tunnels to a Cisco ASA 5505?

63 REPLIES 63

In cisco there is no test command to bring the tunnel, only way is the ping or any other interesting traffic.

In this situation ping will work.

The tunnel came up hulk when I pinged from a server on the cisco side to a server on the other side of the PA

Great news. Smiley Happy

The ping test brought up the tunnel so what does that tell me? Course will it stay up that is the real question

But the question still remains will it stay up and how can I make it stable?

Hello Infotech,

Run a continuous PING from your server through the tunnel, and monitor the situation.

Thanks

Is there something I should be focusing on that would help me to resolve the issue?

Hi Infotech,

Tunnel is up, it will stay up as long as interesting traffic is there.

Tunnel will go down after re-key timeout in the abscense of interesting traffic.

You can find logs in Monitor > System Log for tunnel up/down event.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

This is the only tunnel that is experiencing this issue and I am not sure why

Can you provide more information in detail ?

what details do you need?

How often does tunnel fluctuates ?

Once a day it is up about 8 hours and down 12 - 16 hours

Hi Infotech,

Does traffic flows all the time, or this VPN tunnel is in LAB?

Regards,

Hardik Shah

Hello Infotech,

Would it be possible to open a ticket with PAN support and let them investigate this issue in depth.

Thanks

• 63 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!