"has unexpected text" error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"has unexpected text" error

L2 Linker

I am a superuser and I get a "has unexpected text" error when I try to modify any existing security policy.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I checked the configurations and they looked correct, so I contacted tech support and they said it was a bug in 9.0.5, so I am upgrading now.  Thanks for your response!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Can you provide some details about the policy? Sounds like you have a special character or a space in a field that does not support them

Example:

shawnhafen_0-1593109075385.png

Security Policy:

Name:  DaVinci-Ping-Subnet

Rule Type:  Universal

Tags:  DaVinci

Group Rules by Tags:  None

Source Zone:  Any

Source Address:  Any

Destination Zone:  Modality

Destination IP:  10.10.10.1

Application:  icmp

Service:  application-default

URL Category:  Any

Action:  Allow

Log Setting:  Log at Session End

Log Forwarding:  M-L-Log-Forwarder

@amy.hazelwood  

Usually this is caused because firewall cannot reference one of the parameter in the policy. 

Since you mentioned that this is happening for pretty much all the policies please do check the parameter such as zones or log forwarding profiles are present on the firewall. 

I checked the configurations and they looked correct, so I contacted tech support and they said it was a bug in 9.0.5, so I am upgrading now.  Thanks for your response!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!