Replace ASA5505 with PA200 Teleworker

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Replace ASA5505 with PA200 Teleworker

L1 Bithead

I have a remote user that's setup with an ASA5505 configured for teleworker. They move around and don't always have a static IP address at their locations. It's configured to call home to my ASA5540s and create the tunnel.

My question is if the PA200 has this capability to do the same back to my PA5050?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Yes it does and infact it's probably far easier to setup on the PA-200 than on your 5505, or at least for me it is. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Yes it does and infact it's probably far easier to setup on the PA-200 than on your 5505, or at least for me it is. 

Thanks!

Do you happen to have a link to some resources I can read up on this?

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/IPSec-VPN-Tunnel-with-Peer-Having-Dynami...

This should get you going in the right direction. I can give you a direct configuration example if you need it just let me know. I imagine that your teleworker/remote office is not going to have a static IP? 

Thanks!

You are correct. They have a dynamic IP from their provider.

Jeff

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!