schema verification failed (application-filter -> nim 'nim' is already in use)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

schema verification failed (application-filter -> nim 'nim' is already in use)

L3 Networker

Hi There,

I am kind of stuck on a problem for which I am unable to find a resolution ...

When I commit on my device after upgrading   "Application and threats database" , I get an  alert with the " application-filter -> nim 'nim' is already in use "

But when I do a change back (revert to previous state of database 404-2015) it is OK!

Any thoughts guys???

Regards,

Alex

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello Alex,

In content version 405, there were two new applications introduced - nim and nimsh

Do have custom application for nim and nimsh created on the PAN? May be since it didn't exist in app-database prior 405, chances are you might have created it.

Couple of things we might check:

1. If created, we can remove the custom application related to nim and nimsh while being on 404 content version

2. Through CLI, configure > commit force. That would parse the configuration from scratch

3. Upgrade to 405 version and see if that helps.

Also, before going to step2, can be delete an application filter called 'nim' and then commit and upgrade?

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hello Alex,

In content version 405, there were two new applications introduced - nim and nimsh

Do have custom application for nim and nimsh created on the PAN? May be since it didn't exist in app-database prior 405, chances are you might have created it.

Couple of things we might check:

1. If created, we can remove the custom application related to nim and nimsh while being on 404 content version

2. Through CLI, configure > commit force. That would parse the configuration from scratch

3. Upgrade to 405 version and see if that helps.

Also, before going to step2, can be delete an application filter called 'nim' and then commit and upgrade?

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

L4 Transporter

Hello Olek,

Have you tried to change the name of the Application filter to different or new name and test. I suspect the name is matching a predefined name. We may get more logs running the command

"tail follow yes mp-log ms.log" when the commit is happening to identify the issue.

Pls share it here for understanding.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

1. You can rename the existing custom application to a to lets say nim-custom and nimsh-custom and then commit.

2. Then try to upgrade to the latest content version.

3. Once you have upgraded if you want you can change the application to the latest added application in the content 405.

4. Then do a commit again.

However if you do not want to change them you can leave them on the custom one.

Hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Thank you

Numan

TY!

I created custom application, and forgot about it! Smiley Happy

Thank You again!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!