sdwan interface down - recently upgraded to 10.1.6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

sdwan interface down - recently upgraded to 10.1.6

L0 Member

Hi Team,

Until yesterday, we were running panos 9.1 and never faced any issues with the sdwan setup.

Within 24h after the upgrade to 10.1.6, all of a sudden the sdwan interfaces went down without an indication of any other issue/error.

No changes have been made to the configuration.

The sdwan is using 2 ipsec tunnels. Both were still online, no problem whatsoever.

Once I re-initiated the ike tunnel, the sdwan interface immediately went online.

Anyone who encountered the same behaviour?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@wvandriessche,

I can't say that I've seen or heard of anyone having issues with SD-WAN post 10.1 upgrade. There's a few known issues yet with SD-WAN with 10.1, but nothing that should be causing an issue like this. That being said, there was a large amount of changes regarding SD-WAN with PAN-OS 10 that wouldn't have been involved when you were running 9.1 that would come into play now that you're running 10.1. 

Just to make sure, are you running PAN-OS 10.1 now throughout the firewalls involved in your SD-WAN deployment, or do you still have a mixture of 9.1 and 10+? I'm kind of wondering how the SD-WAN Packet Duplication would be handled with older 9.1 firewalls in the fix yet. I can't think that would cause tunnel issues, but maybe?

We're currently running both 9.1 and 10.1, but in a few days we'll have the other site upgraded as well so basically I was also hoping this may solve our issues as well. I'll keep you posted!

L0 Member

Hey bro, did you finally fix this issue?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!