setting up a pa-500

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

setting up a pa-500

L1 Bithead

hello 

i set the ip of the firewall from the console port with a new password

now i connect a network cable to de remote management port but the web page  is not opening 

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Is the IP of the workstation able to get to the IP of the management port? Same subnet, etc.? Did you set a network mask and gateway as well? Were the changes commited?

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Here are the generic commands you would need to run:

configure
set deviceconfig system ip-address <IP address> netmask <subnet mask> default-gateway <gateway>
set deviceconfig system dns-setting servers primary <IP of internal DNS server if no internal DNS server use 208.67.220.220 >
set deviceconfig system ntp-servers primary-ntp-server ntp-server-address <IP of NTP server or use us.pool.ntp.org>
commit

Regards,

L1 Bithead

hello 

i will re run the command but I'm pretty sure I set this up correctly.

L1 Bithead

so to be sure i can connect to the console port change setting , then commit 

and once this is done i can connect to management port to open the web page to configure stuff ?

L1 Bithead

hello 

i have issue now 

im trying to connect with hyperterminal it said invalid login with putty nothing happen if i click 

i want to factory reset to start over 

how can i do that ?

Thanks

my cable is a usb to console cable 

Community Team Member

Hi @Kerm007 , please take a look at this doc for factory resetting guidance.

NGFW 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

If you dont have your config saved, you can try the following:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-articles/secure-day-one-configuration-not-for-the-faint...

Regards,

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!