Sign-In Window Pops Up Every Time I Flip to Different Computer Account

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Sign-In Window Pops Up Every Time I Flip to Different Computer Account

L1 Bithead

I've installed Global Protect on my Mac. On this Mac, I have a personal User Account and a work User Account, which I flip back and forth to a hundred times a day. But each time I flip to the other account, up pops a little GlobalProtect window requesting that I sign in. So I have to dismiss this little window a hundred times a day, even when I'm not currently using the GlobalProtect software.  Please tell me there's a way to disable this.

GlobalProtect-Popup.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Have you set on-demand connect method?

Thanks for the reply. 

Where would I find this setting? In Preferences?

The way it works now is I select Connect in a window that I access via a menu bar icon. 

I can't seem to find where I'd set "on-demand" connect method. I've clicked on the GlobalConnect menubar icon, which brings up a little "Connect" window, and in that window is a gear icon.  Clicking on that icon brings up several panels of settings, but I don't see any way to set an on-demand method of connecting.  😕

Hi,

The 'On-Demand' connect method can be selected under Portal -> Agent -> App Settings on the firewall. Once you navigate to App Settings, look for connect method and choose 'On-Demand.'

Regards,

Varun

Do check out our new space on LIVECommunity dedicated to GlobalProtect here: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/GlobalProtect/ct-p/GlobalProtect

Thank you for the suggestion. How does one access the firewall settings?  I basically have a GloballProtect menu icon, which when selected, offers a Settings menu with the following tabs: General, Connection, Host Profile, Troubleshooting, and Notification. Most of these tabs have very limited options beneath them, and nowhere do I find Portal, Agent, or even Firewall for that matter.  😕

HI,

Please contact your system administrator to request changes to portal configuration. 

Also, is there any reason why you need to flip onto a different user account on your computer every now and then?

Yes.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!