SMB & Robocopy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SMB & Robocopy

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have server 2016  with all patches and I use Robocopy to sync files to the  backup server. RC kill smb "server service" several times per day, no event log. Windows 10 clients cant access shares.The only solution is to restart the  server. Can even restart server service, which stuck in stopping state. I like robocopy But, can't anymore use this stupid SMB protocol. Can reproduce error if sync to remote server. Than remote server 2012 r2 stops respond to smb shares. Any solution or something instead ?

Note:I posted this issue in some forums but I didn't find any solution till now, I hope that I will find helpful info here .

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Both tested and now I had no problem with the speed but I will purchase Gs RichCopy 360, it is the suitable one for our budget.

Many thanks memyneo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

Robocopy uses SMB protocol which does not do well with high latency. And I found this link it may help 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/global-protect-smb-traffic-slowness/m-p/322921#M...

@memyneo this is unfortunately that robocopy used SMB, also the solution in the mentioned link is not recommended,it will not help more.

How can you solve an issue like that??

I think you need something that does not use SMB copy. Something like GoodSync for server or Gs RichCopy 360 Ent version which offers RTA. Both use a single TCP port to copy and made especially for wan copying and small files too. Google both and try the trial versions first 

I did a full search for GoodSync and Gs RichCopy 360 and I think I will give both a try.... I will feed you back.

thanks 

Both tested and now I had no problem with the speed but I will purchase Gs RichCopy 360, it is the suitable one for our budget.

Many thanks memyneo

I am happy that it works with you

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!