SNMP and 4.1 / 4.1.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SNMP and 4.1 / 4.1.1

L0 Member

Under 4.0.x we were recording the traffic on the public interfaces of our PA500.

After upgrading to 4.1 this stopped working.

We dropped 4.1.1 on for other reasons but still no snmp.

If I try to do a snmpwalk on the PA500 I get nothing at all.

I couldn't find anything applicable in the 4.1 documents.

SNMP under Device -> Setup -> SNMP Setup appears to be configured.

Anyone able to provide me with some pointers as to where to look to re-enable the monitoring?

Cheers,

Scott

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi Scot,

Can you check the SNMP version you are using? SNMPv2 and SNMPv3 are supported from version 4.1

Marcle

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi Scot,

Can you check the SNMP version you are using? SNMPv2 and SNMPv3 are supported from version 4.1

Marcle

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I was using SNMP V1.  Changed it to V2c and I was able to retrieve data.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Scott

I am having a similar problem having solarwinds monitor the PAN with SNMP.  I verified my settings in the SNMPsettings.  I am using version 2c and my community string is set. I also set the Service RouteConfiguration to use the interface assigned to my backbone network and specified the destination server of my solarwinds box.  I scan the PAN into solarwinds but I cannot connect via SNMP.Anybody run into this problem?

I am using version 4.1.4

Thanks

You might need to assign 'interface mgmt' on your dataplane interface to allow snmp.

- Create it under [Network tab] > Network Profiles > Interface Mgmt

- assign it on your interface editting window

Did you set it?

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!