Source Address - Show ipv4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Source Address - Show ipv4

L2 Linker

I just upgraded from a PA 500 to a PA 820 and something is throwing me for a loop.  In all of my reports and in the monitoring section under App Scope the firewall is reporting what appears to be ipv6 addresses, they are in the format of: "::678b:540:ffff:0".  I'd prefer to see the ipv4 address as it is much simpler to hunt down the offending user, etc.  Any way I can disable ipv6 reporting on the PA 820?  I am in PAN OS 10.1.

I should mention that the traffic logs are showing the ipv4 address.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.26.00 AM.png

28 REPLIES 28

L0 Member

I am on 10.1.4 and the same issue is still present.  Finding this thread required quite a bit of google magic though.  I suspect a lot of people are scratching their heads and manually converting hex formatted IPs to decimal.  Come on Palo Alto!

L2 Linker

I will not buy the software subscription renewals due in spring 2023 and will recommend another product to my customers.Palo Alto Networks has become too arrogant for me, ignoring a simple problem for months is pathetic.

L1 Bithead

Support was useless troubleshooting the issue because it's on the development side.  Issue is still present in 10.1.4-h4, so I'm rolling back to 10.0.  We have too many PA220's to deal with 10.1 and it's bugs in claimed stable releases.

Further, we renewed licensing and PAN-DB URL license was expired because it was changed to Advanced URL Filtering.  Thus creating a situation that we had no active URL Filtering.  Maybe this is just another 10.1 PA220 bug.  You have to delete the old PAN-DB URL license key(s) .

$ delete license key ?

Then select the license key, finally you'll need to run $ request license info

L0 Member

Good news: the problem seems to be fixed in 10.2.  IPv4 addresses are properly displayed and often resolved to hostnames.  

Thanks for the heads up about 10.2!  I'll wait and see how it pans out for right now.  Learned a valuable lesson with 10.1.

Had exact same problem with URL filtering license.  Took TAC a while to figure out how it should be resolved.

Too bad 10.2 broke our PA850, causing it to keep rebooting and going into maintenance mode. Support's solution was to roll back to 10.1.4-h4. They said they had already told several other organizations to do that for the same reason. 

10.2 is not the "Preferred Release".

Correct, 10.2 is bleeding edge. At this time we are still awaiting TAC Preferred status for 10.1.x I believe. 10.0.9 is most recent stable.

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

10.2.2 still not solved...

ACC tab? Monitor tab? From what I can see the ACC tab JIRA tickets, and all related issues, are all marked closed / resolved, with the monitor tab portion in a 'deferred' status. 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

Hi, it's on a PA-820 on the ACC Tab, soon I can celebrate the one year anniversary of this ridiculous bug.

The PA-440 is not affected. I will wait until 10.2.x will become the "Support preferred release" status  🤐

L1 Bithead

10.1.6 earned the P (preferred) status May 26th and still has the bug.

L2 Linker

The long wait comes to an end... PA-220 und PA-820 with 10.2.3 shows 100% IPv4

L0 Member

Hi, just want to ask if anyone of you has the 10.2 version and that has finally resolved the ipv6 showing on ACC?  

i'm still on version 10.1.6, so i also have that kind of problem

thanks

L2 Linker

Good Evening,

Is there a version of 10.1 that will show the IPV4 addresses in the reports?

Lance

• 28 replies
  • 3 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!