Subinterfaces on Hyper-V

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Subinterfaces on Hyper-V

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I tried to set up PA -100 VM on hyper-V but I have a problem with trunking. I have to have configure subinterfaces on the Palo VM site. I added tagged VLANs on the switch side but I can't configure this to work on the hyper-V side. Meybe someone have some example how to configure this from the Hyper-V side?

Reagrds

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

HUGE PROBLEM is the 12 network interface limit of Hyper-V. Vyatta supports multiple sub interfaces with vlan tagging.External Switch allows the virtual machines to communicate with other physical machines on your network through the physical network adapter Hyper-V Virtual Switch is a software-based layer-2 Ethernet network switch that is available in Hyper-V Manager when you install the Hyper-V server role. Hyper-V Virtual Switch includes programmatically managed and extensible capabilities to connect VMs to both virtual networks and the physical network.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!