System logs view option missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

System logs view option missing

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We have recently upgraded all our PA firewalls from 4.1.7 to 4.1.9. I no more see the system logs option. It used to be available earlier. I see the recent system logs on the Dashboard. How do I see system logs?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

The system logs can be seen under monitor--logs--system or using the cli command >show log system.In a multi-vsys box make sure that under the monitor tab virtual system is selected to all .If it is not visible make sure that the account with which you have logged in has the necessary permissions to view the logs.

Thank you.

Subijith Raghunandan.

View solution in original post

I'll bet you are viewing logs of a certain vsys

Systemlogs are not visible when you are viewing log of a vsys.

( I had the ame issue before, been there 😉

Be sure to to set vsys to "all" on the top of the monitor page.

Kr,

Bart.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

The system logs can be seen under monitor--logs--system or using the cli command >show log system.In a multi-vsys box make sure that under the monitor tab virtual system is selected to all .If it is not visible make sure that the account with which you have logged in has the necessary permissions to view the logs.

Thank you.

Subijith Raghunandan.

Hi Subijith,

Monitor -> Logs -> System was available in 4.1.7 however I don't see it in 4.1.9. I am logging in with admin credentials so there is no issue with the permissions. I can view the logs via cli. Not sure if something changed in version 4.1.9. The system log menu is available on Panorama but not on individual device.

Hi,

I have checked my device running 4.1.9 and I am able to see the system logs option as shown below

Capture-2.PNG\

So I believe its is not Software related and could be specific to your device. Try restarting mgmt srvr with command "debug software restart management-server" and see if it fixes. I would advice to open a case with support if the issue still persists.

Traffic/Threat/URL/System Logs Are Not Visible via WebUI

Tx,

Sandeep T

Hello,

Please open a case with support so that we can assist you.

Thank you.

Subijith Raghunandan.

I checked few more devices and I could see system logs. This specific issue is only for HA pair at one of the sites. I will open up a case with support. Thanks.

I'll bet you are viewing logs of a certain vsys

Systemlogs are not visible when you are viewing log of a vsys.

( I had the ame issue before, been there 😉

Be sure to to set vsys to "all" on the top of the monitor page.

Kr,

Bart.

PERFECT!!!. Thanks . I can see logs after setting the vsys to "All"Smiley Happy. I had configured a vsys on this HA pair few days back.

Hello,

I had suggested to check the same in my first response.Anyways glad that it's visible now.

Thank you.

Subijith Raghunandan.

Hi Subjith,

My apologies. I missed that. I focused more on the CLI command and login rights from your post. Now that I am reading your suggestions again, I could make it out. Thank you.

It was helpful. I wondered why "system log" just disappeared..lol 

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!