Terminate Session

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Terminate Session

L0 Member

Hi all

is clearing the session from Session browser terminate the session which is open , as it still show up and the bytes are still increasing

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Yes, It should terminate the active session on the PAN firewall.

As per the DOC How to Clear Sessions from the Session Monitor , clearing a session from session browser is as good as clearing it from CLI ( > clear session ID xyz).

The session you have cleared from session browser, could you please verify the same from CLI also.

> show session ID xyz

Example:

session-browser-1.JPG.jpg

Session-browser-2.JPG.jpg

Thanks

L6 Presenter

is it a udp session ?

L7 Applicator

Are you sure it is the same session ID?

Perhaps the client is just immediately creating a new session because the traffic still continues after the session is killed.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L5 Sessionator

I have just test it in the lab. It seems like if you clear the session on 6.0.0 from the GUI/CLI it is not clearing the session. Instead the session still stays in the session table. It seems to be a bug in 6.0.0. I would recommend to open a case with Technical support so it can be filed as a bug and issue can be fixed in upcoming releases.

Thank you

Numan

I have check the ID it's the same id the session isn't terminated

L0 Member

Even when I use CLI the session isn't terminated, the session still active

Hi ,

As mentioned previously open a case with support it seems to be a bug.
When you open a case with support please collected the following

1. Steps to reproduce

2. Screen shots or output of the CLI commands run

3. Details of the above output.

This will help the support is determining  the issue faster. Hope this helps.

Thank you

Numan

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!