test custom-url command with Panorama deployed rules.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

test custom-url command with Panorama deployed rules.

L3 Networker

I'm trying to test a few urls in a custom url category I have deployed on my FW, but am unable to get to work.  All my rules/objects are pushed out via Panorama and it seems as though the command only allows you to test locally defined rules (i get an error when specifying the rule name unless i use a local one).  I don't see this test custom-url command available at the Panorama level, so i'm not sure what else to try. Is there another command is should be using in this scenario or am I just out of luck? I'm testing on 4.1.5

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

As of today, the 'test custom-url rule' command only works for the rules defined locally on the firewall. The ability to use panorama pushed rules to test the custom url category will be introduced in the future versions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Please open a case so we can investigate further.

Your wish is my command...Done deal

L1 Bithead

Running into the same issue on 4.1.10.  Any update?

As of today, the 'test custom-url rule' command only works for the rules defined locally on the firewall. The ability to use panorama pushed rules to test the custom url category will be introduced in the future versions.

It's now three years later and this functionality is still missing.  Is Palo Alto ever going to fix these log term issues and requests?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!