The device rebooted because of the ZTP settings.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device rebooted because of the ZTP settings.

L1 Bithead

While aging the firewall for delivery to a customer, the following message occurred and the firewall rebooted.
<The system is shutting down due to System Reboot initiated to start ztp again.> 。
There are no configuration settings.
I simply left the firewall on to check the health of the machine.
Does anyone know why this message is occurring?

PA-5410 / PAN-OS 10.2.3 

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @sanghyeonLee ,

Some firewalls boot into ZTP mode by default.  However you can exit the ZTP mode:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-2/pan-os-web-interface-help/web-interface-basics/change-...

Hope this helps,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Yes, it booted into ZTP mode and I knew how to turn it off.
I only powered it on to check the basic status of the machine before delivering it to the customer.
I was wondering if it is normal for a firewall that boots in ZTP mode to reboot if left on without ZTP disable.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!