Traffic logs filter on syslog

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traffic logs filter on syslog

L2 Linker

Hello team,

We are sending all the traffic logs to our inhouse syslog servers. So whatever traffic is matching current security policies, all such traffic logs are forwarded to syslog server. Now in those logs, i am seeing everything like Source, Destination, port everything. Now our requirement, we need to send only specific logs to syslog for specific traffic. e.g. dont want to disclose source IP. How can i configure this? 

Pls suggest. 

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@johnde,

I think you are looking for FILTER BUILDER under  Log Forwarding Profiles. By default, it select 'All Logs' under Filter. But you can create custom filter as per your requirement. PFB snap for your ref. Once you create Filter, attach that Log Forwarding Profile to required security policies.

Hope it helps!

Log-Filter.PNG

Mayur

M

View solution in original post

Community Team Member

Hi @johnde ,

What @SutareMayur mentions will work and is very granular.

If you want to customize for your syslog-server you can also do this:

Goto your syslog server profile on the Device tab. There's a Custom Log Format tab ... click the Traffic one :

2020-04-01_15-53-38.jpg

Add the field you want :

2020-04-01_15-55-46.jpg

Hope this helps,

Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@johnde,

I think you are looking for FILTER BUILDER under  Log Forwarding Profiles. By default, it select 'All Logs' under Filter. But you can create custom filter as per your requirement. PFB snap for your ref. Once you create Filter, attach that Log Forwarding Profile to required security policies.

Hope it helps!

Log-Filter.PNG

Mayur

M

Community Team Member

Hi @johnde ,

What @SutareMayur mentions will work and is very granular.

If you want to customize for your syslog-server you can also do this:

Goto your syslog server profile on the Device tab. There's a Custom Log Format tab ... click the Traffic one :

2020-04-01_15-53-38.jpg

Add the field you want :

2020-04-01_15-55-46.jpg

Hope this helps,

Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

@SutareMayur ,

Thanks Mayur, i will try it.

@kiwi hey, thanks much! I will try this also. 

Will keep you posted.

Yes, this is very helpful when you have multiple syslog servers and you want to filter specific logs fields for specific syslog server only.

@kiwiThanks for sharing this too.

Mayur

M

@SutareMayur @kiwi ,

Thanks for all your suggestions and inputs. I did try both the configurations and both works for me.

Appreciate your help!

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!