Twinax Cable for PA-5000

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Twinax Cable for PA-5000

L1 Bithead

Hello everyone,

Has anyone installed an PA-5000 series (PA-5020 and PA-5050) with a standard twinax wire? I want to connect a PA-5020 and PA-5050 to a Juniper SW with a twinax cable (EX-SFP-10GE-DAC-5m), and I want to know if it is possible or if anyone has tried it (with a third party and a standard cable)...

Thanks for your help,

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Is Twinax wire is like Twisted pair cable.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

The only reason for your cable doesn't work could be incompatibility between palo and twinax gbic. There is only two supplier in the world then ...

I didn't try that yet but ... no reason for doesn't work.

V.

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Different vendors have different way of doing it.

For example in Cisco, to disable the supported checking for optics here is the command:

Router > configure terminal

Router(config) # service unsupported-transceiver

Some thing like that may be needed on Juniper switch to accept the communication, may be.

Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!