Unable to launch application when terminal server agent is installed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to launch application when terminal server agent is installed

L0 Member

We recently installed the terminal server agent onto our Citrix environment. As soon as I installed it, we had reports that users were unable to launch our VoIP software called Avaya One-X Communicator. It crashes immediately after launching it. As soon as I disable the PAN Terminal Server Agent service users are able to launch it without issue. 

The debug log does show port allocation fails for the application; however, I've tried other ranges and settings and am not able to solve this. I've also tried a different listening port even though Avaya does not use the default 5009. I've also opened a support case but they have been less than helpful.

12/21/22 15:45:32[Info 1001]: Port allocation fails for port 20012: process onexcui.exe session 1 count 2. NTSTATUS: 0xC0000043
12/21/22 15:45:32[Info 1001]: Port allocation fails for port 20012: process onexcui.exe session 1 count 2. NTSTATUS: 0xC0000043
12/21/22 15:45:32[Info 1001]: Port allocation fails for port 20014: process onexcui.exe session 1 count 4. NTSTATUS: 0xC0000043
12/21/22 15:45:32[Info 1001]: Port allocation fails for port 20014: process onexcui.exe session 1 count 4. NTSTATUS: 0xC0000043

Any ideas?

Thank you

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

After some pushback that it is indeed an issue with the agent they recommended this KB article: Terminal Services Agent 7.0.7 Changes on User Apps requesting S... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

Setting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palo Alto Networks\TS Agent\Adv\HonorSrcPortRequest to "1" resolved our issue and the application now launches without issue. 

1: Honor application-specified source port requests only if the port is not within the source port allocation range for the interactive user sessions

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @kegeorge ,

Have you had any luck with support from this? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

After some pushback that it is indeed an issue with the agent they recommended this KB article: Terminal Services Agent 7.0.7 Changes on User Apps requesting S... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

Setting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palo Alto Networks\TS Agent\Adv\HonorSrcPortRequest to "1" resolved our issue and the application now launches without issue. 

1: Honor application-specified source port requests only if the port is not within the source port allocation range for the interactive user sessions

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!