For the Traps 4.2.x, you can try the following step(s)
1. Login to ESM Console
2. Click Settings (from Top Menu) -> Agent (from Left Menu) -> Settings (from Left Menu)
3. Select the Existing Policy Setting for Agent, -> Edit
4. On the Agent Settings -> Agent Security
5. you can see the change Uninstall Password, and enable th
6. After you apply the setting, the client need check in again to update the policy/setting.
What is the default uninstall password of Traps agent?
Default Password: Password1
Cortex XDR - Agent Settings Profile
> Reference STEP 7 Set an Uninstall Password
Define and confirm a password the user must enter to uninstall the Cortex XDR agent. The uninstall password is encrypted using encryption algorithm (PBKDF2) when transferred between Cortex XDR and Cortex XDR agents. Additionally, the uninstall password is used to protect tampering attempts when using Cytool commands.
You have 3 way to handle your forget password.
1. set the new uninstall password to overwrite existing one via step7 link from last post. ** All Traps/Cortex client will change to new password**
2. recall your Memory what’s is your password, and keep try....
3. reinstall your computer, no need to password, but need backup all data.....
in above 3 way, I think you not consider the 1, and you tried the 2. Now you only have 3 can do.
if you still have support services, you can contact vendor to advise what’s should you do.
Yes, you need to find the existing agent polices/setting on cortex/esm console, you will see the set uninstall password is enabled, so you can disable on exiting setting or enter the new password. Up to your setting
After apply will effective the setting on next check in.
detail reference the kB from 1 website
Please follow the KB to set uninstall password,
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!