untrusted webbrowsing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

untrusted webbrowsing

L1 Bithead

Hi there

Ive set up the firewall with a trusted lan for staff and untrusted lan for visitors.

I don want the visitor lan to access the staff lan, however the first rule created was to allow webbrowsing, i cloned it and added the visitor source addess to the rule, however anything on the visitor side cannot access any web site.

Ive allowed dns from a staff lan dns server and i have check to allows resolution on, whe i look at the logs it shows the sender ip, with the correct rule classification but shows traffic as incomplete.

The staff rule works ok, is there anything obvious im missing?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

You are probably missing a Source NAT translation from visitor  lan to the untrust zone, NATing it to the IP address of the untrust interface.

BR,

Karthik RP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

You are probably missing a Source NAT translation from visitor  lan to the untrust zone, NATing it to the IP address of the untrust interface.

BR,

Karthik RP

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!