Use office 365 as email relay?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Use office 365 as email relay?

L2 Linker

Did I miss the option that allows one to configure a port, TLS, and authentication on the mail profile?

We've moved to Office 365 and would like to send alerts/notices from our remote firewalls directly to the office 365 servers.  We can use an iis relay as a solution to the issue but we would prefer the firewalls send direct to Office 365.

TIA!

Vince Van De Coevering

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

These smtp options are not availabe.  Check with your Sales Engineer for a roadmap update on the feature.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L7 Applicator

These smtp options are not availabe.  Check with your Sales Engineer for a roadmap update on the feature.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Any updates on this- is it available now?

I have this issue too; is this feature available now?

KK

As far as I am aware there is no option, we had a 3rd party in a few weeks back and one of our questions was about sending our SMTP device traffic directly to 365. We were told you still need on-prem for a lot of functions.

TT

L3 Networker

Interesting. I have my PA-820 sending email to Office365.

Just another I.T. Guy

Thanks! Did you make any other changes apart from pointing the SMPT to o365 then?

KK

You can send mail to your own domain, but not relay the SMTP outside of your domain name.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-dev...

Rob

I use mytenant.mail.protection.outlook.com for SMTP address. Obviously replace mytenant with yours. Like Robin indicated, I am sending mail within my domain.

Just another I.T. Guy

OK thank you everyone; i will try this and hopefully it work!

KK

I can't relay mail well. Please tell me the necessary settings on the office365 side.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!