Way to fix a half activated VM-Series?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Way to fix a half activated VM-Series?

Fresh install of a VM-Series, 9.0.11.  I didn't manually allocate RAM, so it was running with 5.6G when I activated - get the message, increase RAM then activate again.  Shutdown, increase RAM to 10GB. Boot - firewall is now in a weird state where all the licenses are present except capacity, and it shows serial number as unknown.

Should I start again or just try to release the license and re-activate?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SimonHamilton-Wilkes,

I would simply try to release the license and re-activate and see if that fixes things and gets the capacity licensing corrected. Depending on activation state you'll need to clear the license and de-activate it to reclaim it anyways if you don't already end up having to open a TAC support case to have it released on the backend. 

Thanks.  It wouldn't release what license it had, so I created another one - which activated just fine, so the activation wasn't complete on the portal end either...

Hello Simon..

What version of VM are you deploying?  For example.. a VM100 needs 6.3GB of memory, but no more than 8.

If you deployed with a 10GB, then I presume you are trying to run a VM300 series.

Please confirm.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!