webserver service stopping

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

webserver service stopping

L1 Bithead

webserver service in palo alto stopping after certificate renewal and trying to access GUI. CLI is working. Tried restarting webserver service and management plane. But its stopping as soon as we try to access GUI and unable to access

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@nareshpratap,

If you have access to the CLI you should be able to just back off the changes that you made while updating the certificate to get things functional again. Either by undo what you did, or simply loading a version prior to the certificate renewal. 

L1 Bithead

@BPry : yes, I used CLI to roll back the certificate applied on SSL\TLs profile and gained access back to GUI for t-shoot.

@Bailey69 : webserver servcie is used by management GUI of PA firewall , so I think it shouldnt stop.

Anyway I figured out the issue.

It was because there was key mismatch (b/w private key on PA while CSR was geenrated and the public one on uplaoded certificate ). There was a mistake from the team who generated certificate. 

Issue resolved after regenerating CSR and uploading new certificate for SSL\TLS profile.

Any how, I was surprised to find the such an issue with certificate will kill/stop the webserver process on the Palo Alto box itself.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!